March '08 Snapshot

Kapotasana - Leena Kinger

Photo link:

Kapotasana - Leena Kinger
Photographer: Ram Kumar

The Story:
Leena is currently studying in Mysore. These photos were taken at her residence in Chennai, India. They were taken for a feature article (urban yogi's) in India Today, a fortnight magazine. Having been a model and a performer, she can appreciate the beauty of the photography, but believes that with yoga, it is different. "I'd like to keep that for me, its a very personal expierence, almost like a meditation itself...and not a performance! How would you like it if your observed during your meditation? Photos are taken only IF needed. Having said that I must add that viewing my asana pictures as a spectator later has given me insights to my own practice."

This was the most popular photo on Livingmysore in February 2008. To contribute your Ashtanga community photos please email us at livingmysore at gmail dot com. To view more Ashtanga photos, please visit our photo gallery at
http://www.livingmysore.com/.



Michael Peter Carter is the co-founder of Livingmysore.com and practices with Paul and Rachelle Gold in Toronto, Canada.

No comments: